Wednesday, April 13, 2011

is that so Captain Makeover?

So,


Recently I was "scouted" out at a show.. a House of Pain show no less (still love them after all these years and YES they were AMAZING) by a certain Network that shall remain nameless.


The chick seemed nice enough.. I mean, she did pull me out of line at the beer bar.. If you are going to pull me out of line at a sold out show and I am happily standing there with my free drink tickets trying to get a brew, you BEST have something important to tell me..


Onwards, she tells me that she LOVES my look.. who am I.. what do I do.. ect.. ect..


I give her 411.. she was like "no WAYYYYYY" .. I tell her to "google me" (haha, what a stupid term) and check it all out.. I had to get back to what I was doing..


She then drags my friend over and gives her the same script.. Basically, this chick wants us on the show and for us to sell out a few of our friends as well..


We give her an address to a bar where she can find all her "punk rockers and girls who dress like sluts" in full force..


After the AMAZING H.O.P. show, we see said TV Exec and choose to go the other way to continue our awesome party time which went well into the night..


The next day I have missed calls from the LA area.. of course it's the Network.. they are going crazy.. saying I am perfect for the show.. The emails kicks in.. blah blah blah..


Now, check this out.. I thought about it for a brief nano-second.  I thought, could I go on this sad excuse for a show and NOT get a makeover? Waste everyone's time including my own? End up looking close-minded because I love who I am and how I look happens to be an extension of that and I am not interested in becoming Suzie Homemaker 1.0?


NO FUCKING THANK YOU.


I did however put it out there that if they were ever interested in flipping the script and making over people who always wanted to be a rocker, or something else that society has preconceived notion about, then I am your girl.


Trust me, I know what it's like to sweat like a whore in church because you are wearing a long sleeve and jacket to an event you have to "clean up nice for." I do it more often than not, and for the record I do clean up well.. but, at the end of the day.. the jacket comes off, the long sleeve is thrown in the laundry and I proudly sit in my beautiful home a heavily tattooed woman that just wants to play her music and share it with the world... in my underoos. ;)

3 comments: