Sunday, April 17, 2011

Loving it..

So,

Last night I travel up with my Demilitia boys for a show in Wallingford, CT. Everyone is on time, we load up and roll out.. We even had some nice Vegan treats from Foodswings thanks to Owen so, we were all jamming and grubbing out.. a good way to start a roadtrip..

We get to Wallingford and I am pretty sure that there is only a gas station, McDonald's and Cherry Street Station.. after a lil loop-de-loop we get to the club.. say hello to our friends Guerra (www.facebook.com/guerrametal) who brought us up for the night and settled right into the bar..

All is great.. everyone seems pretty cool and then this Father and Daughter cruise up to me.. He had played a few of the Slave to the Metal shows and had his 13 year old daughter with him.  She is a big fan and loved Kittie.. she said she started playing because of me and I checked out a picture with her and her guitar..

Yo, this is what I LIVE FOR.. The thought of a young girl being brave enough to learn as instrument to rock out on and want to share her music with the world makes all the long drives, missed time at home, arguments, and all the many different stresses of being a musician in touring bands all worthwhile.

Sadly, she couldn't stay because it was a 21+ club but, she made my night entirely.. I hope she becomes a huge singer/songwriter and I get to read about her in Rolling Stone.. I look forward to it..

So, we throwdown a brutal set.. Checked out a GREAT SET by Kali Ma (www.facebook.com/Kalimametal) and hung out with all of our new friends and a few old ones.

Then it came time to leave.. Hahaha.. Owen heads out to the van and them shitz isn't starting.. I head out to the van with him to begin Operation "No Sleep Till the Van Starts and Takes Our Asses Back To Brooklyn."

The lights and A/C are coming on.. but, nothing else.. So, my brain tells me it's not the battery but, what the hell else could it be? Different ideas got thrown around.. We tried jumping the van to no avail.. I get on the phone with ZipCar (You can rent by the hour, day etc.. Check out the service at www.zipcar.com) and get OMan on the line with them since he rented the van..

After a few minutes of hard stressing and many different thoughts/emotions.. The van starts.. we triggered some security option and we had to reset it. THANK YOU UNIVERSE.. WE WIN!

We load up, get in the van, and blast the Star Wars Theme as loud as it could go.. I mean honestly, I could have sworn I saw a cape around the van for a brief moment.. Fuck TigersBlood.. we got Demilitiablood runnin' through these veins bitches!

So, we cruise back to our concrete jungle after a very successful night.

When my head finally hit the pillow.. I felt very blessed.. I love that my life revolves around music.. I wake up everyday and do the very best that I can for everything I am involved in.. and some days are much heavier than others and sometimes I certainly can overwhelm myself because I want to do it all.. but, at the end of the day you have to figure out for yourself what exactly "I want to do it all" really means and get to owning it in your own mega-awesome way.

Best.

J-

Yours truly, Billy (Demilitia), Mike (Guerra
at Cherry Street Station in Wallingford, CT. 4/16/2011

Billy , Owen , Yours Truly
at Cherry Street Station in Wallingford, CT. 4/16/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment